Pages

Monday, September 28, 2015

LorI Whitlock Creative Team - The Story of Fall Banner


Hello Lori Whitlock friends! It's Tya here up on the blog today. To officially welcome Fall to our home, I decided that a cute banner was just what my mantle needed! So I decided to use the adorable Story of Fall line to make this fun and festive project. Let me show you what I did!
So I found a banner base that I liked and cut 4 of them out on my Silhouette. The file I used didn't have 2 holes punched in it to string the twine through , so I just made a couple and placed them on the top two corners of the base. I then covered the bases with a few fun pattern papers from the Story of Fall Collection.
I then cut out 4 ovals and used my Silhouette Sketch Pens to draw an orange border on the ovals. Then I used the darling LW Homemade font and cut out the letters F A L L out of brown cardstock and added them to the top of the cream ovals. I then cut out a few leaves. 
 If you notice on the leaves, there is a pattern embossed on them. I was able to get my hands on the new Silhouette Curio machine and had a great time using the embossing tool with the Curio to get the patterns on the leaves. I found some really beautiful shimmery specialty paper that took the embossing wonderfully!
I added some chipboard elements from the Story of Fall collection to the banner shapes.

I also added some buttons and twine to the leaves for some added texture.
 That's all there is too it! I had alot of fun with this project and hopefully have inspired you to make this fun banner to get the fall season underway in your home too! Happy Crafting!

Files used:
-6 Banner Shape ( I added 2 holes instead of one) (Silhouette Store)
-Build a Banner (LW Shop)
-Fall Leaves ( LW Shop) (Silhouette Store)
-LW Homemade Font (LW Shop) (Silhouette Store)

No comments: