Pages

Monday, August 28, 2017

Back to School Supply Caddy

Hi there - it's Tya and I am up on the blog today sharing with you all my Back to School project. I have to admit - I kind of am obsessed with all the back to school products from the pencils, to the crayons to the markers and notebooks - I love it all! But- what I don't love are those boring plastic pencil boxes that hide all of the goodies. So I decided to make a fun desk organizer using my

I used a Desk Organizer cut file designed by Lori Whitlock and cut out the base from Kraft cardstock. I then used a piece of  This Way Men pattern paper from the Toy Box collection from Carta Bella. I assembled my box with some sticky strip tape to make sure that it stays nice and sturdy. I also added a plaid sticker strip to the front of the box. The sticker is found on the Element Sticker.

 To decorate the box front, I used a few different Echo Park cut files that are in the Silhouette shop. To make the label, I cut out a label from some blue solid paper. I utilized the Print and Cut feature on the Silhouette to make the "School Supplies" title. I added the title to the blue label and then added pop dots to the back of the blue label and added the label to the box.


 I added some fun stickers from the Element Stickers to the label with pop dots and and also added an enamel star and some enamel dots to complete the decorations.

On the top section of the box, I added a piece of blue twine  and glued the ends to the sides of the box. I then added some of the chipboard banner pieces from the Chipboard Shapes to the top of the twine. 

Then fill up the organizer with any of your favorite school supplies! No boring plastic boxes here! I hope I have inspired you to make of of these cute boxes for your little students! Happy crafting everyone!

Supplies used:
-This Way Men paper
-Toy Box Element Sticker Sheet
-Toy Box Chipboard
-Toy Box Enamel Shapes
-Toy Box Enamel Dots
-Go See Explore Solid Papers
-Carta Bella Kraft Cardstock
-White Cardstock
-Blue Twine
-Desk Organizer (Silhouette Cut File #62998)
-Echo Park Labels (Silhouette Cut File #38155)
-Echo Park School Supplies(Silhouette Cut File #84817)
-pop dots, foam tape





No comments: