Pages

Sunday, August 13, 2023

Just Be You! - Hello Again - Doodlebug DT project

 Looking for a fun way to add lots of embellishments to your layouts? Try making a circle grid layout!

I am back today sharing another layout featuring the simply lovely "Hello Again" collection! I have mentioned before that Doodlebug really knows how to do embellishments right!! The array that is offered makes creating layouts so much fun because of the endless possibilities! You can mix and match all different types of embellishments! I am showcasing this design type here with my layout today


To create this layout I started with the Black Floral side of the Cute Calico paper. I then took an 11 3/4 x 11 3/4 inch piece of white cardstock and cut 9 circles out of the paper using my Silhouette. The circles measure 3.75 inches. 

Next, I selected 6 different pattern papers from the 6x6 paper pad and cut them to a little bit under 4x4 inches each. I then chose my 3 photos. I arranged my photos and pattern papers in the order I wanted to and then glued them to the background paper. I then added foam tape to the back of the white cardstock paper with all the circles cut out of it on top of the photos and pattern paper. 

And then the fun part- decorating each of the circles!

I loved the "Just Be You" cut out from the Chit Chat ephemera so that became my title. It fits perfectly with these fun pics of my daughter playing at the park.


As you can see, I used lots of layers of different embellishments. I mostly stuck to the Odds and Ends for the bigger pieces and then added other pieces to accent. Here is a cute Polaroid-style camera with a fun sentiment from the Chit Chat. 


Here on the top circle,  I used a cute yellow check circle label from the Bits and Pieces. I added some foam tape behind 2 beautiful butterflies from the Odds and Ends. I also added a sprinkle of the stunning Mini Jewels for some sparkle and shine. 
The bottom circle features this cute hanger cut out from the Odds and Ends. I want one of these in real life! Too cute!


It wouldn't be a Doodlebug layout without a rainbow on there somewhere - so I added the rainbow, sun, and clouds to this circle.  All of these are from the Odds and Ends. Look how cute the little jewel sits on that cloud!  I also added a cute phrase sticker to my photo on the bottom circle. This time I used the This and That cardstock sticker sheet. 


And as a lover of all things floral - I had to add some flowers from the Bits and Pieces here and there on the layout. This cluster fits great at the bottom edge of one of my photos! 


Here's one more look at this fun page. I love how it all came together in the end! 


Thank you so much for stopping by today! I hope I have inspired you to give a circle grid layout a try! 
Happy Crafting friends! 



DOODLEBUG PRODUCTS USED
Hello Again collection

OTHER
Silhouette Cameo
White Cardstock


No comments: