Pages

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Faux Chipboard Letters - Lori Whitlock Creative Team project

Hi there everyone - its Tya and I am here up on the blog today to share a neat technique with you. So I have a confession to make- I am a FONT JUNKIE! I love fonts and have oodles on my computer and I am always looking for fun and creative ways to spruce up my fonts. Lori has some of my favorite fonts and comes out with new ones all the time. So if you are a font junkie like me - this tutorial is for you!

So I wanted to share with you a great way to turn your favorite fonts in to faux chipboard letters. I love chipboard letters too - so this way, with the help of my Silhouette, I can turn my favorite fonts into chipboard looking letters! Let me show you how I did it!

First off, select a font. I am using  the  adorable LW Cirque Font for my project.  It can be found here on the Silhouette Store and here on the LW Shop. You can decide on the thickness of the letters you want. I wanted mine pretty thick so I cut out 9 letters.
                                

 After all the letters are cut out , simply glue all the letters together in a stack. Here you can see the difference and see the dimension when all the letters are glued together. The stack in the picture isn't glued together yet, just wanted to show you the thickness-Didn't want you all to think I glued them all so crooked! :)
To add a little fun to the letters to make them look a little more realistic - I brushed a thin coat of Glossy Accents on to the top letter. The fun thing about this technique is you can also make the letters any size you'd like, something that you can't do with premade chipboard letters. My letters are about 2 inches wide and 3 inches tall.


 I made this really fun and simple Halloween frame to add to my home holiday decor. I got the frame from the dollar store and along with the letters,  just added some banner cut outs and some stickers and embellishments to dress is up. So it's an inexpensive project too!

I hope that I have inspired you to make some of these fun "chipboard" letters with your favorite fonts too! It's a great way to add dimension to your projects. Thanks for stopping by!

Files I used:


No comments: