Pages

Saturday, October 21, 2023

Trick or Treat Wreath Layout - Doodlebug DT project - Sweet and Spooky Collection

 Some of my fondest memories of Halloween were the ones spent choosing the perfect Halloween costume for the big night! And then to be able to parade around in that costume all night Trick or Treating was the greatest thing ever! Imagine how giddy I was when I saw all the costumed cuties in the new "Sweet and Spooky" collection! I knew I just had to add some to a layout! 


I love wreaths on layouts! They are a great base to add lots of embellishments and so I decided that I wanted a spiderweb wreath design for this layout. I used the Happy Haunting Spider Webs cut file and made my own out of some black cardstock on my Silhouette. I simply duplicated the spiderweb and then sized them all to about 2 inches. I arranged them into a wreath shape and then welded them together and came up with the fun spiderweb wreath.  I'll  link the cut file I used below:

My next steps were selecting my photos and a title. I used 2 3x4 photos and backed them with some of the Halloween Night dot paper. I grabbed one of the notebook paper journal spots from the Bits and Pieces and added my journaling along with a few sparkles from the Hocus Pocus Shape Sprinkles. This is also tied with some Beetle Black  Bakers Twine. I added the cute Trick or Treat Chit Chat die-cut title under the photos. Above the left photo, I added the cute "October" label which is on the This and That cardstock sticker sheet.


As we go around the wreath, you can see all the little bits and pieces that I added to the wreath die cut. I used lots of pieces from the Odds and Ends, Chit Chat, Puffy Stickers, and Hocus Pocus Shape Sprinkles. I used the Moonlight Magic and the Sweet and Spooky papers for my background. The pop of color on the Moonlight Magic paper was the perfect backdrop for all the colorful pieces in this collection! 

I adore all the different kinds of candies that are in this collection! It's so fun to mix and match all the die cuts with the Shaped Sprinkles and the Puffy Stickers. 



I really had the most fun designing this layout and see lots of future "wreath" type layouts being added to my albums. I hope I have inspired you to pull out a few "Sweet and Spooky" photos of your own and try a layout like this one! You will love- just like I did- getting to use lots of Doodlebug embellishments! Happy Crafting Friends! 



DOODLEBUG PRODUCT USED:
Sweet and Spooky Collection
Beetle Black Bakers Twine
Spider Web Cut File

OTHER PRODUCTS 
White cardstock
Black cardstock
Silhouette Cameo


No comments: