Pages

Tuesday, July 25, 2017

Cartopia Accordian Mini Album by Carta Bella

Hello there! It's Tya and I am up on the blog today sharing with you my project featuring the awesome Cartopia collection. This collection was so fun to work with and so inspiring! I just loved it! I knew right away what photos and memories I wanted to share so I made a mini album to highlight those special memories. We are Disneyland nuts at our house and I have SOOO many Disneyland photos. One of my favorite things to do is to ask each of my kids what their favorite ride is and then take photos of that ride. The papers and icons in this amazing collection just screamed Cars Land to me so I knew exactly what photos I wanted to use. My oldest daughter loves this ride so I plan on giving this little album to her so she can remember all the fun times we had on her favorite ride.


To make the base of this album I simply took a piece of kraft cardstock and scored it at 4 inches and 8 inches vertically and then turned the paper and scored it at 6 inches horizontally. I then trimmed the paper on the 6 inch scored mark and ended up with 2 pieces that are 6x 12 and scored every 4 inches. I accordion folded the papers. I then glued one of the sections to the end of the other and then trimmed off one of the end pieces because I didn't have tons of photos. So in the end the album folded out like shown below. I decorated the fronts and the backs of the paper and make one of the sections my cover.




To decorate this album I used some of the 12x12 papers , the 6x6 paper pad, the Ephemera, some enamel dots ,buttons,  twine and the Sticker sheet. Here are some close ups of the album:


To make the title of my album, I chose a block font and cut the letters out of  a piece of the 6x6 Scenic Route map paper on my Silhouette. I also cut out a shadow letter from black cardstock for some dimension.

I recorded my journaling here. Its always nice to have a little story recorded about the theme of the album.






 I just loved the pop of color the enamel dots added to this stop light created! Enamel dots are some of my go to embellishments!




So that is my mini album. It was really nice and easy to create and super fun to decorate. I hope I have inspired you to grab this cute collection and make an accordion mini album like this one to record your special memories. Happy crafting!

Products Used:
-Cartopia Colletction Kit
-Cartopia 6x6 paper pad
-Cartopia  Sticker Sheet
-Cartopia Ephemera
-Kraft cardstock
-Twine
-Buttons
-Enamel Dots
-Pop Dots and Foam Tape
-Scor-Pal or similar scoring tool

No comments: