Pages

Sunday, January 6, 2019

I Heart Crating Card - Echo Park

Hello everyone! It's Tya and I am so excited to share my project with you today! I love, love, love fun fold cards and I have been wanting to try one of these types of cards for a long time.  I am using the adorable I Heart Crafting line for my card and I wanted to add a craft store gift card to the card for some added fun for the recipient! They get a cute card and a gift - Bonus!



I used this tutorial to make the base of my card: Diagonal Double Pocket Card. It was very easy to follow and make. I loved the idea of putting  2 tags in the pockets, with one holding a gift card in it like shown below:

The collection has some really lovely patterned papers in them. It's best to use one that doesn't have a pattern on it that needs to face a certain direction. I chose the Fancy Floral paper for my base. The edges of the pockets are just some strips of the Yellow/Orange Coordinating Solid papers that I punched out with a scallop border punch and glued to the edges. I decorated the tags a little bit, but not too much as I wanted them to be able to slide in and out of the pockets easily.

The inside of the card can be left blank, but I chose to add a couple more stickers in the corners and also include a place to write a little note to the recipient.


That's all there is to this fun project. I hope I have inspired you to pick up this amazing collection and make up a bunch of these cards for your crafty friends! No need to think of a gift when you already have one done! Thank you for stopping by and Happy Crafting! 

PRODUCTS USED:
Foam tape
Button
Twine




1 comment:

Cindy Major said...

Wow, that project is awesome! I hadn't really looked twice at that collection but it looks so gorgeous on your project! Love the use of the double pocket fold card. Nicely done!

Cindy