Pages

Monday, April 8, 2019

Animal Safari Card - Echo Park Paper

Hey there Echo Park fans! It's Tya up on the blog today. As an avid animal lover, I fell head over heels in love with the fun Animal Safari collection! Anytime we travel I love to visit zoos or aquariums or anything that has to do with animals. I may have even planned a few family vacations around animals lol! Anyway- I am sharing a card I made featuring the Animal Safari collection today.

To make this card I used a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch piece of white cardstock as my base. The blue, zebra and yellow pattern papers are from the 6x6 paper pad. I love using the smaller scale of the 6x6 paper pads for card making!
 I decided to do a little watercolor painting on this card. I cut a piece of watercolor paper to 3 1/2 x 5 inches. I ripped the edges of the paper for some added texture. I added some yellow, orange and tan paint and splatters to the watercolor paper.  I really liked the pop of color it added to the card.
 To decorate the card, I added the Zooventure label sticker to the card with foam tape. I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut out 3 leaf shapes (found here) out of some Green Coordinating Solid paper. I glued them back behind the label sticker. I also added a small butterfly and "happy" word sticker from the Element Sticker sheet.
 I loved this beautiful macaw bird that I fussy cut from the Birds of Paradise paper. I added the bird to the top right of the sticker label. I also added a few loops of brown twine behind the label sticker as well for some texture.
This card was so much fun to make and had me wanting to take another animal-themed adventure soon. I hope I have inspired you to make a few cards with this stunning collection. It has so many possibilities! Happy Crafting! 

SUPPLIES:
-Watercolor paper and paint
-brown twine
-foam tape
-Silhouette Cameo Digital Cutting Machine

No comments: