Pages

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Wedding Favor with Scor-pal and VivaLasVegas Stamps

Hi there - Tya  here with my take on the fun swap that we got to participate with VivaLasVegas Stamps and Scor-pal. What a cool site VivaLasVegasStamps is! All sorts of interesting and fun stamp images! It was so hard to choose the stamps I wanted to use! But I did decide on one that is going to be perfect for a project I am really excited to do. My little brother announced his engagement a few months back with the wedding being in September in none other that Las Vegas! I wanted to make some fun little wedding table favors to add to the wedding decor and I fell in love with the boy and girl symbols on the stamp sheet that I choose. I like to call them "Potty People" because they remind me of the signs on restroom doors :) Here is what I came up with:


 Wedding Favor Box 
Supplies:
8 1/2 x 11 Pattern Paper ( I used We R Memory Keepers Chalkboard Line)
2 1/2 x 3 1/2 pink pattern paper for tag
2 1/4 x 2 1/2 white cardstock for tag
(2) 1 x 2 1/2  white cardstock for chevron border stamp
teal ribbon
black and white bakers twine
yellow button
black ink
yellow ink
Sticker sheet for embellishments and tag title (We R Memory Keepers Chalkboard line)
Dove Chocolates

Step 1: One 8 1/2 inch side, score at 2 1/2, 3, 5 1/2 and 6 inches.

Step 2: On 11 inch side, score at 4 and 7 inches. 
Step 3: Turn paper so that the 8 1/2 inch side is on the top. Trim away the 4 corners as shown. Make sure you trim on the inner most score line (at the 3 and 6 inch score line.) 
Step 4: Notice that you still have 2 scored lines on this middle section. Fold on these lines to create the box shape for the inner section of the favor. 
 Step 5: Add your treat or whatever you would like to fill this section with. I used 3 Dove Chocolates and they fit perfectly. I attached the chocolates with a glue dot.
 Step 6 : Add Scor tape on one outer edge and one inner edge of the paper to seal up the section with the candy.
Step 7: Add Scor tape to the top edge of the other section of the box. 
Step 8: Glue the two top sections together as shown
 Step 9: Stamp the people image on the 2 1/4 x 2 1/2 white cardstock and 2 chevron border stamps on the 1 x 2 1/2 inch white cardstock.
Step 10:Add the chevron borders to fit the front and back of this section of the box. Add yellow ink. 
Step 11: Make a tag using the white "Potty People"  and the pink pattern paper. Add stickers to the tag and punch a small hole in the top of the tag. 
Step 12: Decorate the box using the teal ribbon, the bakers twine and a button.  

Here is the final project! Thanks for joining me for this fun hop! Happy Scoring!  

No comments: