Pages

Sunday, August 2, 2015

Tear Strip Card Tutorial with Tya

Hi there Lori Whitlock fans! It's Tya here to share with you a super fun tutorial. If you are looking to spice up your handmade cards - look no further! I am going to share with you how to make a card with a tear away strip on it. It is so fun and easy! Let me show you how I did it!

 So I was looking on a Pinterest board for cool and creative card ideas and I stumbled upon this cool business card and knew I had to see if I could do the same on a regular card.


 And imagine my surprise when I found that Lori had designed a file for the Silhouette with not one but FOUR different tear away strips! I was so excited to try it out and share with you how to do it -

 

First off - find a card base that you like - I used a scalloped edge card - add the card base and the tear strip cut files on the workspace-
I added the tear away strip to the bottom right edge of my card base. Make sure that you get the edge of the tear away strip right flush with the edge of the paper so that it will tear all the way off. (See below)
Now let's choose a sentiment. Using the draw a rectangle tool (the rectangle shape on the top, left side of the side toolbar) draw a rectangle about and inch high and as wide as your card base. Type out your sentiment. (I used the print and cut feature, but you can use your word processing program instead if you prefer). Cut this out.

Now to make sure it lines up with your tear away strip, I like to lift up the edge slightly as shown and then lay the sentiment down to the inside of the card base.


Now that we have our sentiment down, its time to decorate the front. I used Lori's darling I Love Sunshine line from Echo Park to make my cards.

This technique is really quite easy, but I think it packs a lot of punch and is a fun way to add an interactive element to your cards. Kids will love this!

Here are the cards close up - Before the tear strip is torn off -


And after!

Thanks so much for stopping by! I hope you all have a great day!

Supplies used:
I Love Sunshine Collection
Scallop Card/ Envelope Set - LW Store, Silhouette
Tear Strips- Silhouette 
Circle Square Card Bases- Silhouette, LW Store
LW Jumbo Font- Silhouette, LW Store
LW Lizzy Font - Silhouette

No comments: