Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2019

America the Beautiful Card | Echo Park Paper

Hi there - Tya here! I am up on the blog today sharing a handmade card featuring the amazing "America the Beautiful" collection! Wow! What a great collection to celebrate my favorite holiday - the 4th of July! I am such a huge fan of anything "Americana" themed so this collection really spoke to my patriotic loving heart!
To create this card I started with a white cardstock card base and layered a piece of Dusty Blue Coordinating Solid Paper, and some Navy Linen Cardstock. I  ran the navy cardstock through my manual die cutting machine to emboss it using the Grid  Embossing Folder. I then chose some of my favorite pieces of pattern papers from the 6x6 paper pad to decorate the rest of the card.
 Here are a few close-ups of my card embellishments.
I tied some light blue bakers twine around the red and white striped paper. I  love how it brought out the dusty blues in the collection. I loved the bunting sticker so that was stuck to the card across the  top. To make the medallion shape, I used my manual die cutting machine to cut out a circle from the smallest circle die in the Stitched Circle Nesting Die Set. I did this with some Red Solid Coordinating paper. I located the "Happy Fourth of July" sticker and the star sticker from the Element Sticker sheet I then cut a banner shape out of some blue gingham 6x6 pattern paper. Under the red circle, I placed a blue banner sticker on underside. I then cut a banner from the blue gingham 6x6 paper pad and glued it to the card base. I then added the medallion piece to the card with some foam tape.

In this corner, I added a  couple of stickers from the Element Sticker sheet to the card front with foam tape. Isn't that wood crate sticker so fun? Loved it and knew when I saw it I needed to make a  card using it. 
This card came together so quickly! I can't wait to make more! I hope this card has inspired you to pick up this wonderful collection to make some of your own patriotic projects! Thank you for stopping by! Happy Crafting!

SUPPLIES USED:
-America the Beautiful Solids Kit
-America the Beautiful 6x6 paper pad
-America the Beautiful Element Sticker Sheet
-Grid Embossing Folder
-Navy Linen Cardstock
-Ultra White Felt Cardstock
-Stitched Circle Nesting Die Set
-18 inch Bakers Twine
-Manual  Die Cut Machine
-Foam tape

No comments: