Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Mermaid Dreams - Echo Park Paper Card

Hello, Echo Park fans! It's Tya up on the blog today sharing with you handmade card featuring the lovely Mermaid Dreams collection. It has such beautiful colors! I am so loving purple right now so I included a few of my favorite purple papers on my card. 

I created this card by using a 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 inch piece of white cardstock for the card base. I find myself always reaching for the 6x6 paper pads when I make cards. The small scale is just right for card making so I chose some pattern papers from there to decorate my card front. I used a piece of dark blue paper and glued it to the card base. I cut a piece of coral and light teal paper from the 6x6 paper pad. I cut a scalloped edge on the coral paper with a border punch. 


 I then cut a slightly smaller piece of light purple bubble paper out. I ran this paper through my manual die cutting machine and used the Mermaid Scales Embossing Folder to add some dimension to this paper. I then located the small multicolor bubbles paper from the 6x6 paper pad and cut this paper into a banner shape. I decorated the card with a few different stickers from the Element sticker sheet. The sentiment, shell, seahorse, and mermaid are all stickers that I mounted to the card with some foam tape. I added 2 small rhinestone jewels to the bottom corner.

 I really liked this starfish and wanted to use it as a decorative element. I found this on one of the 4x4 Journaling Cards and fussy cut it out. I cut 2 small strips of purple stripe paper from the 6x6 paper pad and notched the ends to make 2 banner shapes. I glued these to the back of the starfish. I  added a blue twine bow and a rhinestone brad from the Decorative Brads to further embellish the starfish. I add this to the card front with some foam tape.

 Here is another look at the card all put together.


I had so much fun with this collection. I have always loved anything mermaid themed and this collection did not disappoint! I hope I have inspired you to make a few handmade cards of your own with this beautiful collection. Thank you so much for stopping by today! Happy Crafting!

Supplies:
Mermaid Dreams 4x4 Journaling Cards
Mermaid Dreams 6x6 Paper Pad
Mermaid Dreams Element Sticker Sheet
Mermaid Dreams Decorative Brads
Mermaid Dreams Mermaid Scales Embossing Folder
4 1/4 x 5 1/2 White Cardstock (for card base)
Scallop Border Punch
Rhinestone Jewels
Blue Twine
Foam Tape
Manual Die Cut Machine (for embossing)

No comments: