Pages

Sunday, August 4, 2019

Hip Hip Hooray! Digital Bella Blvd

Hello and Welcome! It's Tya up on the blog today! This week we are sharing projects that feature the awesome Acrylic Word embellishments. I was so excited to see that many of our digital collections come with Acrylic Word files to use! I created this fun birthday-themed layout featuring the new "Wish Big Girl" digital collection.
 So when you get the digital file for the acrylic words they are flat, just like the normal type. By using just a few adjustments you can make the acrylic words seem a little more dimensional and real- looking. I've included an example below.
To achieve the dimensional look, simply place your word on the layout. On the word, right-click the drag-down menu and look for the Blending Options menu. Open that and you will click on Drop Shadow and the Bevel and Emboss buttons. I played around with the slider bars on these menu options until I was happy with the end result. As you can see on my layout, the Hip Hip Hooray looks shadowed and a little dimensional and not flat. Just like a real acrylic word. So with just a few adjustments, you can make your digital embellishments look just like the real thing! It is so cool!
I hope I have inspired you to play around with your digital embellishments and use those fun acrylic words that come in the collections. They really are a great focal point embellishment to any layout! Happy Crafting everyone!

No comments: