Pages

Friday, May 31, 2019

Let's Travel Mini Album | Carta Bella

Hello there everyone! Tya here up on the blog today sharing with you a fun mini album that I made featuring the stunning "Let's Travel" line from Carta Bella. And oh boy! What a fantastic collection this is! I am someone with a serious case of wanderlust...if I don't take a trip every few months, I get a little antsy! So this collection was perfect for recording one of our recent family cruise vacations that we took.

I was inspired by this tutorial to make this mini album. I loved the pull-out pockets and the chance to add lots of photos to this album using this technique of album construction. I decorated the front cover with one of the 4x6 cards and then added a few stickers, enamel dots, and chipboards pieces to decorate the front. I wrapped some jute along the bottom edge and added one of the Decorative Brads to the center of the bow.  I tied the album closed with some burlap ribbon and for some fun with the travel theme, I tied an airplane charm to the bow.
 The album opens to reveal 5 different "pockets" that each one of the pages pulls out of and then they are decorated. The inside of the album is decorated using some "Planes" paper.  I decorated the front and back of the pockets with some "Landmark" and "Tourist" class pattern papers. I also did a bit of decorating on the front of the pockets with some stickers and chipboard.

 Here is how the pocket holds the pages and as you can see they pull out.
 Here is the album page. It has an outside flap like this:
 And then it opens like this:
 There is a lot of room for photos and journaling on the pages.


 Here  is another one of the pages in the album. Notice the different pattern paper on the outside pocket.


Here I used the same page type, but this time I rotated the page and made the flap that was on the outside of the page above, into a pocket page and tucked a photo inside.
 Plenty of  space for photos on the sides:
 And then the other side can hold some journaling  -  I made this hidden journaling spot with a 3x4 card I scored on the side, glued just the scored side down to the edge, and then glued the journaling underneath.

 This was such a fun project that I tackled in an afternoon and  I really liked this album technique and can see myself using this again and again. The "Let's Travel " collection is filled to the brim with anything you could need to make some simply fabulous mini albums. The papers and icons are stunning! What can I say? I  just LOVE this line!!! I hope I have inspired you to make one of these  fun albums for yourself. Happy crafting!

SUPPLIES USED:
-Let's Travel Collection Kit
-Let's Travel Decorative Brads
-Let's Travel  Chipboard Accents
-Let's Travel Ephemera
-Carta Bella Kraft Cardstock
-Carta Bella Premium Chipboard
-Carta Bella Navy Blue Felt Cardstock
-Carta Bella White Felt Cardstock
-Scoring Board and Bone Folder
-Double Stick Tape (Scor-tape)
-Foam Tape
-Enamel Dots
-Burlap Ribbon
-Jute
-Airplane Charm


No comments: